The Data Storage component implements a scalable data storage system oriented to the storage of heterogeneous information.
It offers 3 sub-components oriented to an optimal storage of different types of information:
- Structured data (relational databases)
- Semi-structured data (XML, JSON, etc.)
- Times series data
The component provides a set of functionalities that can be grouped as follows:
- Database management: It manages the databases, allowing to create and drop a database. It also allows making general queries on the structures in each database.
- Data structures management: It manages the data structures in each database. The data structures are tables, views, collections, schemas, indexes, retention policies, continuous queries… It allows creating, deleting and modifying data structures.
- Entities management: It manages the entities, which are the real data to be stored. It allows inserting, updating, deleting and querying data in the databases.
All these features are accessible via REST.