The Driver SDK provides an Empty-Driver skeleton including an interface that any driver must develop:
- readSensorData: Method that will receive a sensorConf object with the configuration information of the sensor that should be read.
- sendCommand: Method that will receive the command object, and will implement the protocol-specific code that will send that command to a device.
- subscribe: Method that will implement the subscription to sensor changes when the protocol supports
- itLogger: This method is passed as a parameter by the SDK and represents a function callback to log messages to the platform.
- getDriverMetadata: Method for indicating proprietary parameters of the protocol implemented.
Every other SDK implementation will have the same basic structure and the same methods as the Empty-Driver SDK.