The Driver SDK provides an Empty-Driver skeleton including an interface that any driver must develop:
- readSensorData: Method that will receive a sensorConf object with the configuration information of the sensor that should be read.
- sendCommand: Method that will receive the command object, and will implement the protocol-specific code that will send that command to a device.
- subscribe: Method that will implement the subscription to sensor changes when the protocol supports
- itLogger: This method is passed as a parameter by the SDK and represents a function callback to log messages to the platform.
- getDriverMetadata: Method for indicating proprietary parameters of the protocol implemented.
Every other SDK implementation will have the same basic structure and the same methods as the Empty-Driver SDK.
Standardised driver development
Easy use to develop drivers based on layers and libraries.
Quick set-up based on templates
Development of new drivers based on existing templates.
Provides a set of scripts to debug drivers.
i4 Platform Integration
The code generated with the tooling provides integration of the driver out of the box, without the need of the developer to code additional changes.
Learn more about i4FS by visting the project website for general information, the wiki for information about the core components, the Technical Manual for API documentation, and downloading the repository’s source code.
Get a better understanding of the global architecture and information flow.
Our source code is opensource and available on our Gitlab repository.
Let your infrastructure communicate with the i4 Platform.